A - Z NLP Techniques | Performance Partnership

A to Z of Techniques

our-mission.jpg

Click the first word of the technique you are looking for:

A | B | C | D | E | G | H | I | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W


Accessing Cues

(same as analogue marking)

Agreement Frame

A linguistic pattern that enables you to elegantly disagree with someone whilst maintaining rapport. Fantastic for sales and negotiation. The key word to avoid is “but” as this negates the sentence that precedes it. Using the word “and” instead is much more powerful.

Book: Influencing With Integrity - Genie Z Laborde

Course: NLP Practitioner Certification

Analogue Marking

From the research of Professor Birtwhistle and Morabian, it has been demonstrated that only 7% of the meaning of our communication is carried in the words we use. The remaining 93% is carried in the physiology and voice tonality we use when we communicate, 55% in our physiology, and 38% in our voice tonality. Analogue marking is when someone marks out a particular word or phrase with something non verbal. This enables us to pick up incongruencies. For instance, someone says “yes” and marks the word by shaking their head “no”.

Anchoring

Based on the work of Ivan Pavlov, anchoring techniques enable us to set up powerful associations in the nervous system. Naturally occurring anchors would include the ‘our song’ phenomena, the smell of a particular perfume immediately bringing to mind the memory of a person along with the feelings you have towards them. We can use anchors deliberately to instantly call forth our most powerful positive emotions when we need them.

Books: Frogs Into Princes - Bandler and Grinder, Unlimited Power - Tony Robbins

Courses: NLP Practitioner Certification

"As-If” Frame

The As-If frame works by having a person acts as if they had already achieved their goal or already had their problem disappear.

Associated

When bringing a memory to mind, the memory would be said to be associated if you were looking through your own eyes, seeing what you saw, hearing what you heard, feeling what you felt. Being associated enables us to recall the emotions we felt at the time.

Attitude

An attitude is a collection of values and beliefs around a particular subject or area of life. NLP enables us to discover someone’s values and beliefs, and also to assist them in changing them if necessary. With these techniques it is possible to enable someone to change their attitude.

Book: Time Line Therapy® and the Basis of Personality - James & Woodsmall

Course: NLP Master Practitioner Certification

Auditory

Auditory is one of our senses and also one of the ways we represent things to ourselves internally. The auditory system is that of sounds.

Book: The Magic of NLP Demystified - Lewis & Pucelik

Courses: NLP Practitioner Certification

Auditory Digital

Auditory Digital is one of the ways we can represent information to ourselves internally. We are using the Auditory Digital representational system when we talk to ourselves inside our head.

Book: The Magic of NLP Demystified - Lewis & Pucelik

Courses: NLP Practitioner Certification

Top of page

Back to Home Page